Friday, July 23, 2010

About Fine Dining...:(

I have clueless about fine dining as I have only one experience dining in a French resturant. It was almost 10 years ago. That time i was working for a boutique and my boss was a spainish.That was my first encounter with fine cuisine and fine dining. I remembered there was so much silverware and GosH! it was rather complicated. Currently, i was post to another outlet, and this outlet require me to working on fine dining. Haiz... I have been searching online for more information, like how to serve fine dining- right to left, left to right or criss-cross.. Serve the hoster or the guests?... serving food on the right or left? collect soiled plates on right or left? What about the menu? Tons of questions yet to resolve... and i have to led my team for this. It is gonna a "big" project especially when my company is "stingy" to send us for training. :(

My dear friends/reader, please advise if you have any encounter with fine dining. Or perhaps drop me me questions so I can work on it.

Thanks & Love,
Ginger

1 comment:

  1. East- West Dining Rules

    Western Etiquette
    * Outside in. start with the cutlery on the outermost sides of your setting.

    * Solids to the left, liquids to the right. So the bread, butter knife and plate are on the left; water and wine glasses on the right.

    *Cut as you go. With the fork in your left hand and the knife on the right. cut off one ot two bite sized pieces of food and finish it before cutting more.

    *Silence is golden. Don't slurp your soup or make lip-smacking noises if you'd like to compliment your host on the dinner- do it verbally.

    Chinese Etiquette
    * Scoop it in. When eating rice, bring the bowl to your lips and use your chopsticks to push the rice into your mouth. eating with your bowl on the table is disrespectful.

    *The flipside. In formal dinners, the thick ends of chopsticks are used to pick up food- they're considered cleaner.

    * Slurp it up. Slurping your soup is actually acceptable and signifies appreciation and signifies apprecisation of the food.

    * Head to head. when fish is served, its head must face the guest of honour.

    ReplyDelete